Acne scars are the worst nightmares for people till the time latest technologies that are available now a days. With the advancements in technology, people can get rid of these rigid acne scars and can enjoy a scarless healthy skin. At Garekars South Point Mall Clinic you can avail the best acne scar treatment in Gurgaon.
Cause of Acne scars
Acne scars occur because of the inflamed blemishes generated because the skin pores are dominated by excessive oil, bacteria and dead skin cells. The severity with which the person has suffered from this acne defines the intensity of these scars that it gives.
One of the major reasons for these acne scars is that most people due to lack of sheer knowledge touch and pick acne quite often. No matter big or small, this thing leaves a scar behind after the acne heals. This gives way to deep pits or depression in the affected region and blocks the way of having healthy skin. In due course of time skin becomes dull and damaged.
Acne-like cysts or nodules which are categorized into “inflammatory acne”, and give way to long-term scarring. This is because they penetrate beneath the upper layer of the skin and damage it even more.
Picking and touching are not the only reason behind acne scars, this is related to genes also. The best thing is to get the treatment done at the initial phases before things go worse. Our highly experienced dermatologists will help you get rid of these stubborn scars with utmost ease. Book an appointment with us today
What are the different types of scars?
There are two main types of acne scars:
Depressed Acne Scars– These scars are the most common one and are deep-pitted. The reason behind their occurrence is inflammatory acne. These depressed scars are further classified into three types viz rolling scars, boxcar scars and Ice pick scars
- Rolling Scars– Their texture is rough and is caused due to severe damage beneath the skin. They have rounded edges.
- Boxcar Scars– They have defined and strong edges and their depth is similar to rolling scars
- Ice Pick Scars– Their appearance is like tiny dot depression on the face with size a little bigger than the size of hair follicles. Tackling them is the toughest task as they are generally disbursed.
Raised Acne Scars–These scars are not that common in people but requires a tough treatment procedure. It appears like a small/big bump. They are further grouped into two categories, Keloid Scars and Hypertrophic scars.
- Keloid Scars– These scars occur as a result of excess collagen formation. The extra scar tissues elevate the scar on the surface of the skin. Collagen builds around the acne scar hence making it grow in size
- Hypertrophic Scars– Again the reason behind these scars is the presence of excess collagen, but its intensity is less severe than that of Keloid Scars. They appear reddish in colour and are not as prominent as Keloids.
Acne Scar Treatment Options
Treatment is utmost compulsory for getting rid of these scars, the earlier the better. Ignorance will make things worse only with the passage of time as the pits tend to get deeper with time.
The various treatment option available for Acne Scars are as follows:
- Chemical Peels– In this method an acid-based liquid is applied to the face to wipe out the regions that have pits. This also promotes fresh skin by removing the outer layer.
- Laser Resurfacing– This method involves the use of concentrated laser beams that are guided towards the affected areas of the skin, removing it layer by layer. This removal process can be instant also. It removes the outer layer thereby allowing the formation of fresh skin
- Dermal Fillers– These are basically natural or synthetic substances that are injected into the skin. This adds volume to the area that has depression or pits. This method lasts for 6 months to 2 years, depending on the type of filler used during the process.
- Microneedling with RF: This method involves the use of specially insulated needles that deliver high-intensity radiofrequency energy into the targeted tissue. This gives a uniform warming effect to the tissue, which in turn stimulates new collagen fibers to grow, leading to a significant improvement in skin quality and texture.
If still, you have a doubt in your mind and wish to take expert guidance, book an appointment with the doctor today